location header

Digital Media FAQs



Q: Do I get to ride?

Yes, Digital Media Camp (DMC) is the best of both worlds. If your into action sports and love video production, digital photography, graphic arts, or music recording you will get the most out of your Woodward experience. This is summer camp, not school, so all activities outside of your instructional period are available to you.

Q: What should I bring?

Video Production: Video camera, capture cables, camera bag, batteries, charger, and a tripod are recommended.   If you plan on taking part in any of the action sports you will need your Bike, Skateboard, Inline Skates and all protective gear.

Photography Camp: DSLR camera, battery chargers, extra batteries, tripod, and proper carrying case are all recommended.  If you plan on taking part in any of the action sports you will need your Bike, Skateboard, Inline Skates and all protective gear.

Graphic Arts Camp:

Music Recording Camp:


Q: What if im not into any of the action sports?

Many campers that are only interested in digital media attend Woodward each week. The facilities, instructors and talent at Camp Woodward are unprecedented. Our 5,000 square foot Digital Media Studio is equipped with iMac computers, green screen studio, professional lighting and even a hair and makeup department as well.  Add the best action sports athletes and gymnasts into the mix and the possibilities are endless.  You have hundreds of people at your disposal to create whatever it is you can dream of.  If that isn't enough Woodward boasts amazing traditional summer camp recreational activites.  Check out the recreation section of our website for more details.

Q: Do I need to have experience with digital media?

No, you do not need experience. Interest is the only requirement to sign up for our programs.

Q: How do I get an internship?

Apply for an internship by filling out a job application.  We award internships based on experience in your chosen digital media field.

Tips on getting noticed include attaching a resume and links to your current work.  If we don't have access to your current work your application will be held until we do.

Download a Job Application by Clicking Here.

Q: What if I already know a lot about my digital media field?  Is it worth it to sign up?

Here at Woodward Camp each program caters to improving your work.  It is always worth it to get hands on experience from the professionals that are actively working in the industry.  Our instructors and staff are prepared to educate and inspire on every level.

Q: Will my equipment be safe?

We recommend that you invest in a locking carrying case.  You can store your equipment in the Digital Media Lab where there is lockers on hand. Please bring a combo lock or purchase one in our canteen.  Your equipment is always your responsibility and Woodward assumes no risk in any circumstance.

Q: Can I talk to a parent or camper that has been to camp before?

A: Yes, call the camp office at 814-349-5633 and we will give names and phone numbers of previous campers and parents that would love to talk to you about their camp experience. You can also read some letters we have received by CLICKING HERE.

Q: How much does it cost? What does that price include?

A:  The price includes the following while you are here; food, lodging, instruction, and a whole lot of fun! The only things that are not included are horseback riding, go karts, create a skate, and spending money for the Camp Store (Canteen) and the Bike/Skate Shop. We recommend children bring between $50.00 - $100.00 for their camp bank. Click here for the RATES AND DATES

Q: What is a camp bank?

A: Our camp bank works just like a bank account. Each child receives a number that is their bank account for the week. We take their money at registration to start their account, and they can spend their money as they please. They are able to take out small amounts of pocket change for sodas and arcade games. This system helps prevent theft and loss. The children do not have to carry any cash on them, we keep it safe for them. At the end of the week, anything they do not spend, they get returned.

Q: Where do the campers stay?

A: The campers stay in cabins with approximately 16 other campers around the same age. The children may request to stay with their friends. We will do our best to put the campers together. Each cabin has a counselor that is at least 18 years old.

Q: Who are the instructors?

A: Digital Media Campers will be taught by those that are currently working in the action sports industry.  Top Filmmakers worldwide will be on hand to lend their knowledge with you.

Q: How old do you have to be to attend Camp?

A: The vast majority of our campers are between the ages of 7 - 18.  We happily accept adult campers, who must submit to a background check and will be housed separately from the younger campers.

Q: Can anyone between the ages of 7 and 18 attend?

A: Yes, all people are welcome to attend our programs and use our camp regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, or disability. If you have a disability and feel you need assistance or further information, Please call Russ at 814-349-5633.

Q: What should be brought to camp?

A: Once you become a registered camper, we will send you a suggested list of what to bring. Remember to bring your helmet, elbow and knee pads if you are interested in action sports. All campers should remember to bring a pillow, towels, and bedding or a sleeping bag. Please mark all your clothing using your first and last name, with a permanent marker. Lost and found items are easier to find and return with names on them.

Q: Do you have to be a certain skill level to attend camp?

A: No, each session we get all ability levels from beginner to advanced.

Q: What is the camper to instructor ratio?

A: In the digital media program there are about 7 campers to 1 instructor.  The class size varies slightly each week according to the number of campers.

Q: When can I sign up?

A: You can sign up through our online registration process by CLICKING HERE.  There is no deadline to register - However sessions fill on a first come first served basis so it is important to register as soon as possible. As long as there is space available we will accept applications until the day a session begins.

Q: What time can campers arrive at camp?

A: Campers arrive Sunday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. for registration. Camp ends the following SATURDAY, check out time is 9:00 a.m.

Q: May I use my credit card to pay for camp?

A: Yes, our Online Registration process makes it simple for you to pay for camp using your credit/debit cards.  Please click on the Register for Camp buttons on the homepage to start this process.

Q: If I cancel do I get my deposit back?

A: After April 1st, there is NO REFUND OF REGISTRATION FEES. Please read the refund policy in the brochure carefully.

Q: Can parents come and visit?

A: Yes, all parents and visitors must first sign-in at the camp office. Since we are a private camp, we are not open to the public.

Q: What will the children eat at camp?

A: All meals are included in the camp fees. Hot breakfast entrees are complemented by a cold cereal, bagel, and fruit bar. Along with two lunch and dinner entrees are soup, salad, potato, or pasta bar, desert, and drinks. The outdoor grills allow campers to enjoy their choice of hamburgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs and chicken fajitas, during lunch and dinners.

Q: What do you sell in the Shop?

A: The Bike/Skate Shop sells a full stock of parts you may need to fix your bike, skateboard, or inline skates, in case they break while you are here. We also carry stickers, hats, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and safety gear.

Q: What do you sell in the Camp Store?

A: The Camp Store sells necessities such as toothpaste, stamps, batteries, and postcards. The store also has snacks, such as pizza, soda, ice cream, pretzels, chips, and candy. Campers may also purchase Woodward apparel including leotards, shorts, T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc. Go-kart, Paint Ball and Horseback riding tickets may also be purchased in the store.

Q: Is there anything else to do besides filming, skating or riding?

A: Yes, we have a wide variety of extracurricular activities, these include; horseback riding, go-karts, arts and crafts, photography, rockwall, ropes course, paintball, and swimming. There is an additional charge for paintball, create a skate, horseback riding and go-karts. Please see our camp recreational page by CLICKING HERE.

Q: Where can parents stay in the area when they come to drop off or pick up their children?


Inglebean Coffee House - (814) 349-4898

Woodward Crossings - (814) 349-4484


(From the West)- 45 min
Day Inn - State College - 1800 258 3297
Holiday Inn Express - State College -1814-867-1800

Hampton Inn - State College - 1(814)-231-1899

Ramada Conference Center Hotel - State College - (814) 238-3001

Central Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau
State College, Pennsylvania
Toll Free:  800 358-5466
Phone:  (814) 231-1400

(From the East) - 45 Min
Hampton Inn - Lewisburg- 570-522-8500
Days Inn - Lewisburg-  (570) 523-1171
Best Western - Lewisburg- (570) 524-5500
Comfort Inn - Lewisburg - (570)-568-8000


Q: Can I call and talk to someone in the camp office?

A: Yes, the phone number is 814-349-5633. The camp office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm during the fall, winter, and spring months. During the summer our office is open everyday from 9:00am to 10:00pm. (EST)

Q: Why can't my 9 year old stay in a cabin with his 12 year old brother?

A: In over 40 years of experience we have found that 7-9 year olds do better when housing is separate from older campers. We can give more appropriate care to the younger camper when housed with other younger campers. Don't worry, your children are not far apart and will have the opportunity to spend plenty of time together each day.

Q: How does camp handle prescription medications?

A: Our medical staff will collect and dispense the medications your child brings to camp as directed.

Q: What should I do if my child gets homesick?

A: Do not be alarmed if your child gets homesick since homesickness is very normal for campers of all ages. First, tell them you love them, and that their feelings are perfectly normal. Then encourage them to go to their counselor and tell them how they are feeling. Counselors are trained how to deal with homesickness and are used to handling such cases. If progress is not made at this point please call the Housing director at 814-349-5633. We encourage you to work through our office rather than trying to mend things over the phone lines with your child. This is difficult to go through as a parent, but we will do all we can to see that your child leaves camp with a positive experience.

Q: How old do you have to be to work at Woodward Camp?

A: You have to be 18 years old to work at Woodward Camp. If you are interested in a position please contact the camp office for further details or see the Web Site section on jobs available. If you are interested in working at Woodward Camp, please see our Employment page for positions and requirements.

Red Bull      GoPro      gatorade      Pisten Bully      California Skateparks

Camp Woodward • 134 Sports Camp Drive • Woodward, PA 16882 • • 814-349-5633 • © 2014 Camp Woodward